Wednesday, March 24, 2010

i went here

Folsom, Ca! My parents live in El Dorado Hills, Ca so any chance I get, I fly home. One of my favorite things to do when I'm in town is to head over to Folsom (the next town over) for some of their hidden gems. One of which is Karen's Bakery in "old Folsom" off of Gold Lake Dr. The first time I visited this cozy bakery I actually got to meet Karen, the owner. Absolutely wonderful gal with a true talent for baking. I know I boast about a lot of things I have tried or made, but everything I have eaten at her bakery far surpasses anything in the same category. I try to sit and contemplate what she could have done to make her baked treats THAT good perfect; I'm left perplexed. You just have to go there and try it for yourself to truly understand how one can be speechless after a taste. I haven't even made it to her cafe menu yet, it seems my eyes are always bigger than my stomach :) But the selection seems phenominal with everything from homemade quiche to delectable sandwiches on ciabatta bread made right in the kitchen. My suggestions if your in the neighborhood is to try the apple walnut muffin if nothing else. I don't even normally like apples in my baked items but this alone is reason enough for me to make a trip home. For someone who learned everything from her mom, I'd say she is far more than accomplished.

No comments: