Wednesday, March 24, 2010

i went here

Sacramento! I flew home to California a couple months ago to spend a few days with my boyfriend and parents in Lake Tahoe (my favorite place in the world). Before heading up east, I made sure to stop at a cupcakery in Sacramento I had been eye-ing for some time prior. I am so glad that we did. Babycakes Bakery is an awesome little shop just off of J St in Sac. With it's quaint location it is easy to miss (we drove by it twice) but keep searching, it is definitely worth it. I was quickly drawn to the single bakery case holding over what seemed like a thousand  beautifully decorated cupcakes (it was probably more like 100). One caught my eye, the properly named High Hat: the BEST cupcake I have ever eaten. I'm a little sad I only have pictures from my iphone for these exquisite cuppies, but even these low quality pics will make you drool. If your in the area definitely stop by this delightful bakery and try some of their adorable cupcakes.




Oh the High Hat, how I adore you. This cuppie consists of a chocolate cake and meringue "frosting" coated in a delicious mess of more chocolate. yummm.


























The Margarita cuppie consists of a lemon cupcake, lime curd filling  and topped with lime buttercream :)


No comments: