Thursday, March 25, 2010

I ate this


Ahhh! Is that...a fish head?! Indeed it is, or was. This was the fish entree I ordered a few weeks back from El Gallo Giro in Provo, Ut. I wouldn't actually recommend this dish, but I wanted to post this pic because its basically just really awesome. El Gallo Giro actually is one of my FAVORITE places to eat here in Provo. It's definitely the best mexican food anywhere in a 30 mile radius. Absolutely authentic menu from menudo, to what they call "the rock" which is otherwise known as  "El Molcajete." Their chips are homemade which is a HUGE plus for me ( i really dislike going to these "authentic" mexican restaurants that sell you chips out of a bag from the grocery store just deep fried again-lame.) there thick and crispy and almost always hot when served to your table. The guacamole is some of the best I've tried, they actually bring a rock style mortar & pestle to your table and mash it by hand right in front of you, how much more fresh can you get? For your meal I would recommend the Tres Tacos (any meat is great) or the Pollo, it comes in 1/4, 1/2 or whole which is fork tender and seasoned really well. My mouth is watering as I write this, looks like it's mexican for dinner tonight : P


Check out a review of El Gallo Giro here

No comments: