Tuesday, March 23, 2010

i went here


Long Beach! I work for JetBlue and blessed with the opportunity to fly across the country! Long Beach is our major west coast "hub," so a lot of the flights out of Salt Lake City, layover there. I couldn't pick a better place to be forced to spend a whole day at than there. It's such a fun and spunky little beach town. The people are overly friendly and just about everyone has a dog (which is a huge plus for me as I almost die without Harley, every time I travel.) But of course these aren't the only plus(es)...2nd Street has an unbelievable selection of fine and casual dining. Till this day one of the BEST dishes I have ever had is at, Le Creperie. They specialize in, you guessed it, crepes. And these aren't just any crepes, these are made with love and crack cocaine, they will have you ADDICTED, fast. : P The selection is unbelievable. I don't even know where to begin. I recommend you check out their menu for yourself, here, not only for the menu but the really cool French woman that sings when you open the page, quite catchy. The first time I went in, I was astounded with the atmosphere. Decorated head to toe with glamorous embellishments, it is absolutely beautiful. I met the chef as well on my first visit who is actually 1/2 Taiwanese like me! (there was an instant connection.) He brought me an array of their best dishes starting with garlic french fries and ending with a special soufflĂ©, not even on the menu! I felt so pampered. But, none of that compared to the way I felt when I took a bite of the Parisian crepe (chicken breast, fresh spinach, sweet red peppers and mozzarella in a basil & feta cream sauce)
..no words at first, just a big smile on my face. This crepe was so savory, with the perfect balance of every ingredient, not one overpowered the other. I could literally drink the cream sauce, it was unbelievable. Next time your in Long Beach, put it on your to-do list to stop by Le Creperie, you won't regret it.

No comments: